Saturday, July 15, 2006

A scrapping toot and convention to boot

One of the requirements for the Scrappin' Secrets creative team is that I have 3 galleries off of a particular list. Two of my galleries were already on the list, but I needed one more. Our team leader suggested I go to Gotta Pixel. I always feel so weird jumping into new boards, but I did it. Oh my goodness, the people there are so friendly and supportive. And talk about challenges galore! I love it there so far. I made my first post the day before yesterday and have been slowly adding some of my layouts.

When I got home from the homeschooling convention (which I will talk about in a bit), I checked through the gallery to see if anyone left a somment or two. I like seeing what other people think about my layouts. As I'm looking at the number of comments, I notice that most have anywhere from 1-5 or 6. All of a sudden I see one that has 14. What in the world made that one pop out for everyone, I am wondering. So, I start reading the comments, and lo and behold, My "Simple Pleasures" layout was chosen as the site's "Layout of the Day"! I could not believe it! I was so excited!!! Check it out! http://www.gottapixel.net/blog/

So, that was my big thrill of the weekend. :) I have to say, I was feeling pretty bad about my abilities after being rejected from a few teams, but my confidence is starting to build up once again when it comes to my little hobby. :)

Let's see...I attended a homeschooling convention yesterday and today. Some of the workshops were fantastic! My favorite was on the temperments and how to teach a child with each type. What a great tool for me to have! All of my children are completely different, so it is nice to know exactly what will likely work with them. I also attended one on organization and homeschooling which was neat, but most of which I pretty much had already figured on trying. And then another on teaching multiple ages at the same time was high on my favorites list. So, a very informative weekend.

4 comments:

Lora said...

Glad that you enjoyed the convention and that it was informative. I think that your scrapbooking is fantastic, I'm not expert but I am an artist and I do have a good eye for talent and you are very talented indeed. I can see why your "simple pleasures" was chosen it is simply gorgeous! Keep up the great work.

Amydeanne said...

you are a very talented and wonderful person Mel!

Anonymous said...

I don't scrapbook, but I think that your pages are really beautiful!

jane said...

congrats on your layout!! that is awesome!! i find it hard to jump into new boards a bit too so i know how you feel. havent been to pixel yet tho..mite have to check itout!