Friday, July 21, 2006

Dropped

Yep! Apparently my bloodwork was too good to continue on the clinical study I was participating in. Hmmm. Good news for me, not so good for them. ;)

My triglycerides went down below 150 to 134, so they can't use me. My good cholesterol went up to 50-something (writing from memory here), and something else went up which wasn't so good...either the total or the bad cholesterol, but I can't rememebr which. Anyway, Lisa (the coordinator) headed over to talk to my doc. He reminded her of how bad my numbers were in April and how by diet I totally turned everything around by June. He is not choosing to medicate me at this time. Instead he wants me to keep on doing what I was doing and go back in a month to see if I qualify for anything else. Even my fasting glucose level was good last week at 83. Woohoo!


I made a few layouts since my last post. I was even chosen as Layout of the Day at Gotta Pixel again! Twice in five days time! Talk about exciting to see! The layout chosen this time is "Loose Tooth Questions". Jacob wanted me to take a picture of his mouth with all of his baby teeth still in "in case he forgets what his mouth looked like with all of them in". LOL He cracks me up! So I figured, what better way to use that pic and write down all of the questions that have been on his mind the past few days. I used Melany Violette's Color Me Happy kit. I had to tweak the journaling strips a bit, but it wasn't hard to do once I dove into playing with it. Fonts are Occidental and First Grader.

I also got to play with one of Tennessa Allen's kits this week. I was so excited, because I have been eyeling her stuff for the past week. I LOVE her Purple Pajamas kit. I am a sucker for anything butterflies, and this kit has several. And I love the colors! SO pretty and feminine! My favorite is the layout on the right. This kit was perfect for the photo I took of Cassidy in her Easter dress in 2005. Those butterflies and hearts are just perfect for my little girly-girl. Check out the rest of Tennessa's stuff. She has a small line of pajama kits, and they are all so cute!



2 comments:

Amydeanne said...

I love the loose tooth layout! It is hilariously cute! Your kids are so adorable! :)
Glad your blood is too good! lol though I understand that sucks for them, but I'm glad your healthier!
Hope your weekend is great!!!

K.C.'sMommy said...

The layout is SO cute!! You have beautiful kiddos:)
What wonderful news to hear about your bloodwork! Keep up the great work!