Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Busy week

We have been enjoying our summer break so far, with this week having all sorts of fun things. It started on Friday night when Silas and I went out. We intended to see Pirates, but they were completely sold out until the 10:45 pm show. WOW! So, we headed to Chili's for dinner and went home. I think we were homw by 8:45. LOL On Saturday my best friend, April, and I went to the local dinner theater for a Mommy's Day Out. We saw Beauty and the Beast, the Musical. It was great! I had never been to this theater, so it was such a neat experience. And it was wonderful haivng time out with another adult and NO KIDS! I love my children, but a break from them every now and then is certainly necessary for my sanity. ;)

Yesterday Jacob had his first fishing trip. He was so excited. One of his birthday gifts was a fishing pole, and he has been chomping at the bit to go fishing with Gramps (my grandfather). One of the local parks has a pond and it is specifically for seniors and children to fish at. In addition to the pond, there is a playground for the kids, so the others were somewhat occupied for a bit. My mother came and she sat with Jacob and Gramps while I brought the other kids to the playground. We had barely gotten them going and my cell phone rang. Mom was ont he other end telling me she was going to switch with me so I could see the fish Jacob helped to reel in.

Now, flash forward a minute/minute and a half and I walk up to a very excited Jacob and Gramps telling me they caught a 12 inch catfish. "Where is it", I ask with my camera ready to click some pics. Gramps replies, "Oh, we threw it back. He was just a little fish anyway". They threw it back before I got up there. I was so disappointed.

I did help Jacob toss a few lines out. We were using hot dogs as bait and some turtles decided to come up and check things out. Jacob got a little concerned that the turtle was going to eat the meat. I told him that I didn't think he needed to worry about it since they hadn't been going for it so far and I thought that turtles don't eat meat. I barely got these words out of my mouth, and what happens? You guessed it! Mr. Turtle decides to take a little dive and get caught on Jacob's line and can't get loose. So Gramps tells me to reel him up and he'll take him off the line. I tried my best, but that sucker was heavy! We got him halfway up and the line broke. That turtle took off. Poor guy.

Naturally, I had to make a scrap page of Jacob's first trip. You can click it to see a large and clear version. ;) I used V. Kim Smith's Woodland Meadows 2 Kit. The fonts are Pea Karynsig and First Grader.











There is a new scrapping site I have been frequenting called Scrappin' Secrets. Everyone seems so friendly and I really enjoy being somewhere new. I have done a couple of challenges there. The first one was the ad challenge. Those are always fun. :) I used photos that were taken at the nursing home garden last year. I have always liked that pic of Cassidy peeking from around one of the columns. I used Zaunwinde Kit by leacindy at RAKScraps. The font is Pea Stacy. I am loving the Pea fonts, in case you couldn't tell. LOL Click the pic for a better look.





The other challenge from SS that I am really excited about is the ABC challenge. I have been wanting to do one of these albums for ages, and I finally have the motivation to get one done. My "A is for Apple" page features a photo Silas took about 2 years ago of Jacob with his cousin, Lark. Silas entitled the pic "Adam and Eve". LOL I think it is too cute! I used the A Lot of Love Challenge Add-on kits by Jenn Patrick and Vicky Shaw. Fonts are ITC Garamond and Kayleigh (another well used favorite of mine, btw).




My last show and tell piece for the night is something I put together for my buddy, Lisa. She sent me three pics of her kids and asked me to put something together for her baby board signature. I decided to use the Tropical kit one of our friends, Lyndsay, put together. I also added some arrows from Amy Wolff's RAKScraps May'06 Mega Kit contribution. I did recolor one of them myself to fit the layout. Love those arrows! Aren't these kids adorable? It made this layout so easy to put together. :)




BTW, you can download Lyndsay's Diva Kit on her blog HERE.

This weekend I am attending a homeschooling convention. I'm excited. It really gets me motivated and ready for the school year. :) I also will probably take part of the lunch break on Friday to pick up the forms to register Joshua. Wow! I can't believe how fast the summer is flying by!

Hope everyone is having a fantastic week!

No comments: