Friday, August 05, 2005

"You're the best"

School is going well so far. Today was a bit hectic. No matter what I tried, Joshua would not sit to do his work. No coloring sheets, no listening, no ANYTHING! So, we did some extra activities that the OT gave us. We played "Knock down the wall" and "Wheelbarrow" for a bit. He loves those, so that was a success. I even tried using the weighted blanket I made for him - no go. After that he strictly wanted to look at the pencil lead right next to his eye and follow it, so needless to say, we had to put away the pencils for a while or risk a trip to the ER. So, I made a tent using their comforters and beds, and he played in there for a bit while I worked with Jacob on his work.

I worked with Jacob on his handwriting, day 5 of the Creation, and the then gave him some space themed worksheets to do. We also talked today about the equator, longitude lines and the hemispheres. He understood it pretty well. We had rain this morning, and it just started pouring again, so we have had to postpone today's science experiment. We were going to make our own compass out of wood and some rocks. With the way the experiments have been going so far though, I am perfectly fine with it. I hate science, and this is probably the reason why. LOL None of the experiments so far have worked correctlydespite how accurately I have followed the instructions. How annoying is that? LOL

I had to come on here to share what happened last night. Each night before bed, after the baths and drinks, and before the stories and prayers, the kids clean up the toys that have taken over the living room. Usually we get a bunch of groans from the boys when we announce it is clean-up time. Last night there were no complaints. They quietly did it without a single complaint! And then, to top it all off, Joshua came up to me out of the blue, looked me staright in the eyes and said, "Mommy, you're the best mommy". He had the sweetest look on his face and was smiling. I grabbed him up and gave him the biggest hug and kiss. Not only was it spontaneous conversation, it also was so sweet, and is a moment I will treasure forever. If I say "I love you", he always answers "I lovin you too". But this was so different. :)

So, either tonight or after the girls are in bed for their naps, I will work more with Joshua on his schoolwork...hopefully he'll be ready to work by then.

No comments: