Monday, August 22, 2005

Our new plan

Well, I have completely nixed the unit study we were doing. I liked it a lot in the beginning, but the more we got into it, the more unhappy I became with it. So, I am doing like I did last year and doing my own thing. Let me tell you, I should have done this from the start. Things are so much better all the way around. My schedule is a little hectic, but I have had no problems with Joshua doing anything the past few days. Yeah! We were done fairly early today and there wasn't a single issue from any of the kids. We are still studying the planets for science, so Jacob is content with that.

For reading, Jacob has been reading the Junie B. Jones series. He is having a blast reading them. I thought they may be a bit above his level, but I sent him in my room to read 2 chapters today while I worked with Josh and Cassie, and he came running out all excited over something that happened in the book. We are currently reading book 2 in the first series - her kindergarten adventures. I have even gotten a few laughs from them.

So all in all, maybe this is all I needed to do to help Josh. Sounds weird, but maybe there was just too much structure to the day before. {shrug}

No comments: