Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Library Trip

Joshua now has his very own library card. He is so proud! I finally got brave enough to try bringing him to the library. I have mentioned before about his booming voice. His sensory issues cause him not to realize just how loud he speaks most of the time.

I spent the day preparing him for the trip. I explained to him that we have to be quiet when we go into a library and use our library voice, which I demonstrated several times. I then promised him that if he was good and let me get the books I was going after, I would let him pick a book and then get his very own library card, just like Jacob has. His eyes sort of lit up when I told him this, and he said ok.

So, when Silas arrived home, we got ready to leave and piled into the van. Everytime I would turn a corner he would ask, "Is that the Library?" So, when Jacob finally told him "Yes, Josh" he was extremely happy.

Both boys were patient and helped me gather the books I was looking for. Then I let them each pick a book they wanted to read. Jacob chose a book about dinosaurs and Josh found one with a bulldozer on it. We then went through the videos and they each chose one they wanted to see.

We then filled out Joshua's library card application and checked out. When he got the card, he was beaming. He was even excited to put it away in my wallet. LOL The funniest part was when we were leaving. He looked at the woman who had just checked our books out and said "I love you, I lovin' you too, bye!" She simply told him bye. LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sweet is he?!?