Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Chatter, chatter

Well, I think I am having some computer issues lately. I haven't been able to get blogger to allow me to post comments consistently, nor have I been able to make a post in a while. And I had a ton of stuff I had been wanting to write about too. LOL

Let's see...last Thusday I went in to get started with my study meds for the research group. They did all the initial checks and an EKG. Everything came back great. Dr. D is actually able to do my checkups when I go in since he is right across the hall. He is so nice. He looked at my numbers from the bloodwork and very sincerely told me how proud of me he is. It has been a rare occurance in my life that a doctor tells me they are proud of me, no matter how hard I have worked. So, that was a great way to start the study. :)

One of the side effects noted about this medication is headaches. I have had horrible migraines for as long as I can rememebr, and all I have been able to take is Tylenol. Yep, lucky me developed an allergic reaction to Advil and those great drugs called NSAIDs, so I basically wind up suffering for a few days until the pain subsides. Lately, they had been improving. I would catch them early enough that the Tylenol actually seemed to work. Boy, did that ever fool me. I started with one on Saturday and it lasted through yesterday. I had to call my mother to come over and watch the kids because I was so severely ill with the pain. I haven't had one like that in a while. She came over, and I headed to bed and stayed there until 2:30pm. It still wasn't completely gone, but I took the generic version of Excedrin Migraine and it seemed to knock it completely out the rest of the way. I really hate migraines.

Speaking of Saturday, Elena was invited over to her buddy Elizabeth's house for a playdate. We went and had a nice time. I tell ya, everytime we get together it is during Elena's naptime and she takes forever and a day to wake up and adjust. By the end of our time there she was fine and actually talking a bit to the other kids, playing, and having a nice time.

I was the first to arrive, and not too long after a woman walked in with her little girl. After we were introduced we realized that we knew each other from elementary school. We were always in the same class from k-5 and the two of us along with one other girl were always the teacher's pets. (Everyone found that funny for some reason, though I have no idea why. lol) So that was just wild running into her. She also graduated from the same high school and in the same class as my husband. Even crazier! It was a neat little surprise. :)

My other bit of news is something I am really excited about. I applied for Heather Roselli's (a scrapbooking designer) creative team on the 9th. She had 37 applicants and narrowed it down to 18. I actually made the first cut! I am so excited! So, now she is going to be sending us an assignment and will then narrow the group even more to 9. From that 9 she will narrow it again and end up with 3 or 4 new members to her team. I really love her designs. She has the cutest stuff for both boys and girls. Honestly though, I am just thrilled to have even made it this far! So, wish me luck!

And now for my scrapping updates (moved from my scrap blog ;) )Ok, I played some more, and I am still thinking there is something missing. I can't figure out what it is though. I think it is getting there, but there is just something else it needs. Hmmm. Anyone? I'm always open to suggestions. :)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Credits: Morning Glory kit from d2D - dedicated2digital.com

This is a scraplift of Patricia/patara's "Capture The Moment" layout found here: http://www.rakscraps.com/photopost/s...00&ppuser=2325

I loved it so much, I had to do a lift!

The quote is by Ashleigh Brilliant and says, "Keep some souvenirs of your past, or how will you ever prove it wasn't all a dream?"

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Credits:
Pencil element and to do list: by me
Kit used: Mrs. Schmuck's SchweetSchtuff


I love this photo of Cassidy. I think she has the most beautiful eyes and the longest lashes to frame them.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Credits: The journaling is from the song by the same title as sung by Martina McBride. Papers - AnneLangpap from the Nov{peas} Freebie, stickpin by Melanie Greene from the Gingham & Flowers Mini Kit, recolored by me and overlay by Lisa West (Zephanee) from the Bloomin' Country Kit

I did manage to get my newbie challenge kit and scraplift made for RAKScraps. Blogger has been being difficult this week for me. I haven't been able to really comment on anyone's posts nor make any new ones of my own in the past two days. Hmmm. Anyway, I had fun making this once I got past my little mental block. LOL I may even do a little add-on to this one day. Who knows? :)

Here is the preview of my newest mini kit:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And you can download it here:
http://www.savefile.com/files/4210642

If you do download it, please leave me a comment. Thanks!

2 comments:

K.C.'sMommy said...

Wishing you luck:) You sure do have a talent for scrapbooking! It sounds really fun!
I hope the headaches get better, I have those killer type headaches too, no fun.

Take Care,
Tina

Unknown said...

Blogger was having some problems, I couldn't get much done either...
Sorry to hear about your migranes! I know that must be horrible not to be able to take anything to help the pain.
How wonderful about the scrapbooking! Congrats!!! You're designs are wonderful and very inspirational.

Hugs,
Kim