Thursday, May 04, 2006

Stay at home moms

I was reading Kim's blog, Reality Check, this morning. She posted a link to an interesting article about one person's take on SAHMs. I shared it with some of my mommy friends. Some of them are SAHMs and others are working mothers. The reaction was the same despite what their current employment status is. Not a single person agreed with the take in the article, other than the last paragraphs.

Later, on my June '03 mom's board, someone posted a link to an article on how much a SAHM is worth monetarily. Funny about the timing on this. LOL Here is the link:
SAHM monetary worth

In the article, you will see a link to the Mom Salary Wizard. I bit and tried it out. How much should I be earning for what I do as a SAHM that is "letting down the team" by not working outside of the home? Well, according to the Mom Salary Wizard, my salary should be $176,367. Not shabby, eh?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Woooohooo, check out my paycheck...$579,963 big ones!!! If only someone would cut me a real one. lol.

K.C.'sMommy said...

$134,000 Big Ones for Me! Cool!

Anonymous said...

Wow! All SAHM should see this! And mom's who work. It's true. Being a SAHM is a very demanding worth its weight in GOLD!

~Monique