Saturday, May 20, 2006

Digital Scrapbooking

I have been posting some on RAK Scraps (link in the right sidebar). It is such a wonderful and helpful group there, and I love it! I decided I would join the newbie chat on 5/13 to hopefully get a few tutorials and get to know a few of the people in there. I had no idea we would get a HUGE assignment for a newbie. LOL Kim/vkimmycat gave us several tutorials and then the assignment - make a kit with 4 papers (2 plain and 2 patterned) and 4 elements. We then had to make a layout using our newly created kit. We could either do a scraplift or use a sketch that she created for us. I chose the sketch, and this is how it turned out:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Kit by me. Sketch by vkimmycat at RAK Scraps.

Here is the kit. If you would like to download it, the link is below the pic. Feel free to share, but please do not give the link to the download. Instead, send them to my blog to click on the link themselves. Thanks!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Download Summer Picnic Kit: http://www.sendspace.com/file/786zpd

Everyone loved it, especially the ribbons. I had no idea if I did it right or what, but from the feedback I received, I am guessing I did good. :) Anyway, I was so excited when I received a private message from someone saying how good the kit turned out. She wanted to know if I am a designer anywhere and if not I should consider it. Wow! Did that ever make me feel good! She also said she has a site and is currently looking for new a fresh designers and wanted to know if I would like to apply. I told her I would really love to do that in the future, but this was my first kit and I still have so much to learn. I was so excited about it though. So, who knows, maybe one day in the future my kits will be out there for everyone to see. :D
If you do download, please be nice and leave a comment. Just a hello would be nice. :)

In addition to that, Katrina at RAK Scraps decided to post an impromptu challenge for us. She gave us a color swatch and her part of a kit and asked that we do our own add-on kits. So I went to work and got mine done. Here it is:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Papers and elements by me. Font: Scriptina.

Everyone that participates in the challenge will get all of the add-ons and original kit. Fun stuff!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa, Your scrapbooking is sooo cute! I loved it! I have so much scrapbooking stuff to do albums that it's not even funny. It looks like digital is the way to go nowadays but back when I started who knew about it. :)

Dana

Me said...

that is really great, Melissa!! I'm so proud of you!!

K.C.'sMommy said...

Wow cool scrapbooking! Your children are so cute! I should give it a try as well:) You did a beautiful job!!