Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Re-evaluations

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Happy New Year everyone!

We started Josh's speech re-evaluation today. :) Today was the first half and it tested his auditory skills. His raw score was a little higher than the first time around, but it somehow managed to make the average the same. I didn't quite understand the whole thing about how the scoring works, but I am guessing that his age factors in there somewhere. Anyway, Joshua was a year behind in July. He is 5 yrs, 2 mths, and is testing at 4 yrs, 7 mths...so he is only about 7-8 months behind. From what the therapist said, they are considered on track so long as they are within 6 months of their age...so not too far from that goal! Woohoo! Next week will be testing expressive language skills, which he was a year and a half behind in back when he was tested in July. So we shall see how that turns out.

We are still waiting for the blood work orders for the boys. Our ped has had some crazy hours lately. Since she will be there tonight and tomorrow night, I will have to call and find out what is going on. It is 4 days shy of a month of waiting for the orders. We also did not have our referral faxed to the therapy office today, so that should be loads of fun to get straightened out.

1 comment:

Lora said...

I just found your blog because you have a link to mine, thanks by the way. You have a beautiful blog, I just love it! I added a link to your blog on my blogroll. I am still reading your blog but have really enjoyed it so far. The list down below is wonderful. I will be visiting & commenting regularly so back to reading some more and it's nice to meet you and your lovely children. You are a supermom for raising 4 children under the age of 6 wow!
Lora & Griffin "My Beautiful Child Griffin & Autism"