Tuesday, September 20, 2005

We have walking!

My little baby isn't a baby anymore. Elena is now officially a toddler. {gulp}

She has been cruising for what seems like forever now, and no matter what we did we were unable to entice her to let go of anything and everything. Today however, she did it!

I usually fix all of the kids their lunch at the same time, put Elena in the highchair with her food and then pass out teh rest to the others. Today, I switched things around without even thinking about it. I gave the older kids their sandwiches, and Elena was a bit upset about it. She stood there fussing at me and looking at their food while I stood at her highchair across the room and broke up her sandwich into smaller bits. I told her that if she came over to me I'd put her into the highchair I would let her eat while I finished cutting it up. Next thing I know, the little stinker walked halfway across the living room before finally falling! Talk about a shocker!

She was so cute...the boys started laughing at her walking and so she REALLY thought she was cute and started clapping and doing her "evil" laugh and that is what finally did her in.

So, now the real fun begins. :)

No comments: