Thursday, December 01, 2005

Update on all the happenings

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Well, the website is as updated with pictures as I have time to do for now. Maybe during the kids' Christmas break we can add some more. :)

Silas' car - we finally heard from the insurance company today. Well, more like Silas finally managed to track someone down and find out what the estimates were. Supposedly the car was worth $3400, and though we don't know how much they estimated the damages to be, they said they exceeded that cost by a good bit, so they are going to total the thing. Scary to think Silas was going only 20MPH or so and it caused this much damage. Can you imagine what would have happened had Silas been going the speed limit of 40MPH on that road? He actually is saying that he doesn't think he will get another Saturn right now. I had one myself a few years back and I hate them, but that is a story for another day. ;) Once Silas uploads the pictures from his phone, I will post them so you can see just how bad his 20MPH hit was.

Silas' new job - he starts tomorrow. We knew he was going to have some training soon after starting. It was supposed to be a week long trip a few hours away, but it has now truned into a 2 week trip with Silas driving every day back and forth. Not a bad trip - an hour to an hour and a half one way, but still...that's a lot of driving. He'll be tired and we won't be doing much as far as finding a replacement car anytime soon!

Therapy - due to all of the craziness this week, my lack of a vehicle, and several other factors, we cancelled therapy and group socialization classes. We'll resume next week. I have to admit, I have kind of enjoyed the two week break. But it is time to get back into our routine.

School - We finished our thankful tree. I have pictures that I need to post. I enjoyed it and I think the kids did as well. :) I also decided to take part of our living room wall and turn it into a timeline. I have so much trouble with figuring out when things happened in relation to other things, so it will be a good visual for me if nothing else. I'll post pictures of it as well once I get the latest batch of photos uploaded. We also began our Christmas unit. We are studying "Christmas Around the World". Today we started our Christmas countdown (24 days 'til Christmas!) and we talked about the traditions in America. We talked about what we as a family do, why we celebrate Christmas, the reason we hang stockings, and then talked about Alaska and some of their traditions. Afterwards the kids made wreaths out of their handprints. Joshua and Cassidy had little patience for the activity, so we didn't get to make as many hands for theirs. All Josh wanted to do was fan everyone with them, and Cassie wanted to glue everything to her handprints. And then of course, Elena wanted to eat the glue. Never a dull moment!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Photos:

Our Completed Thankful Tree:


Our Wall Timeline: (no events added to it yet!)


Our Christmas Countdown:


Oh, and I forgot to take pics of the hand wreaths. Need to do that later. :)

2 comments:

Me said...

how cute is that tree?? I LOVE IT! I'm so stealing that for next year! and the timeline looks like it will be a lot of fun! I cant wait to see the hand wreaths too!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the hand wreaths either!