Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Always remembered

On yesterday, April 26th, Meemaw passed away. She was a wonderful wife, a mother of 4, grandmother to 15, and great-grandmother of 21, as well as a true friend and confidant. She will be truly missed by many people. The funeral will be Saturday. Once things settle down I can hopefully get back into the blogging spirit and add some links and such. ;)

Joshua had his final socialization class today. He has a lot of strong points according to Ms. G. He remembers names very well, and recognizing people is not a problem. His eye contact is variable, which she said was normal. She also said he is really on task some days, and others he is easily distracted. He was doing fine up until the past two sessions, and both of those we have had all of the stress around Meemaw. She thinks that probably has a lot to do with it.

She did also say that she is extremely impressed with us, which really surprised me! She was very impressed with how well we have handled things. For the past 3 weeks, Silas would come home from work and as he walked in the door, I walked out to go and spend long hours at the nursing home. It's been very exhausting, and many nights I wouldn't get home until 11pm or later, only to get up with the kids early the next day. I have no regrets...I felt I needed to be there, so I was, and Silas was wonderful about watching the kids while I handled things as I felt I should.

1 comment:

Gracie, Abby, Mommy and Daddy said...

Melissa,

Great blog!!

I will have to admit and be a little embarrased that I had no idea about Joshua. I look forward to reading the many wonderful stories of Joshua's journey as well mention of the other kids. I look forward to seeing you this weekend, despite the circumstances.

Your mentions of Meema are both beautiful and touching. I will post a link of your website on mine. Take care of yourself and family. God has smiled on you and will continue to always. He has you all in His hands.

Blessings,
Gracie, Mommy and Daddy.