Thursday, October 26, 2006

I'm a horrible blogger

Goodness. I have not had the time to get this blog updated lately. And I have been horrble about commenting on anyone else's as well. I have been so busy lately!

School is going well. Jacob has been doing well. We have our days where it is like pulling teeth to get him to get anything done, and other days where everything just flows. We took today off since he has some major nerves about his ENT appointment. We are hoping that the tube will be able to easily be removed in the office. Keep your fingers crossed!

Joshua has made such progress the past couple of weeks. He was pretty resistant to doing school for the longest time. I was really starting to have doubts that I was doing right by homeschooling him, but not quite willing to just throw him into a neighborhood school that would likely just "deal" with him and the different challenges teaching him poses. However, I think things are really starting to click with him now. He has been showing me throughout the day that he knows his letter sounds and not just the letters. We have been using Starfall website for phonics work, and it seems to be just what he needed. He is actually makiing the connection now that the letter sounds can make a word. Yesterday he read cat, rat and van on his own.

We went to the mall last Friday so my mother and I could get in some walking. They have a play area and by the time we made it completely from one end of the mall and back to it, there were no kids. It didn't last long though, and it became quite busy. One child, probably about 4 or 5, was pretty hyper and rough. His father fussed a bit, but that was about all. The boy actually came over to Joshua and hit him a few times because Josh was sitting on something that he wanted to be on. Joshua didn't really react the first couple of times, but about the third time he came to me crying that the boy was being mean. I had watched the entire thing and since the father obviously was not interested in taking real action, told Josh that if he did it again he needed to look at the boy and tell him to please stop being mean to him. Sure enough, not even 10 seconds later, the hitting began again and Joshua promptly looked at him and said plain as day, "Please don't be mean to me". All was well until later when they were running around chasing each other and the boy decided to shove Josh from behind. I told him next time to stop running and turn around and tell the boy again to stop being mean. We didn't have another incident, and after about ten more minutes it was time to go. I was proud that he didn't hit back and came to me and then once he was told how to react in the situation, he did it.

To top off the good news with Josh - he spent all day Monday coloring. And HE was the one that initiated it! This probably sounds silly to anyone who does not know Josh. To those that do know him, you know how amazing this is. Josh does NOT like to color or write or do anything that might be messy. My MIL bought him a Disney CARS ColorWonder set for his birthday. He showed no real interest in it once he found out it involved markers and coloring. However, something must have happened when he woke up on Monday....he came to me and asked me to open the package so that he could color. I must have looked so confused when he came to me. LOL He spent all morning coloring pages. At naptime he asked to color some more, so I let him. And then later in the day he shut off the computer in favor of coloring. *shock*

In scrapping news I have been busy creating LOs. Since the last scrap post I have been accepted to a couple of new teams. I now am on Melissa Hiroti's (aka Phoenix) and Melissa Goerke's teams. These ladies have such pretty designs and I am so excited to be designing for them. Once I update my personal gallery I will be sure to post the link. :)

Bella Gypsy are retiring all of their kits at the end of this month. You might want to check them out. Everything ranges from $.50 to $1. So grab them while you can! Here are the links to their stores:

A Cherry On Top
and Elemental Scraps

I suppose that is all for now. Hope everyone is doing well in blogger land. :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are going well, I hope everything goes well for Jacob's appointment!

Nellie said...

Sounds like schools going pretty well!! COOL!
WTG Josh hope he keeps up the coloring!