Friday, November 25, 2005

Thanksgiving weekend

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Well, our Thanksgiving holiday started with a "bang". Silas was on his way to Walmart to grab a few things we needed on his way home Wednesday. Long story short, somehow he didn't see the car in front of him stopped due to some glare hitting the brake lights just right and he slammed into the vehicle...this was all directly in front of a Highway Patrol station.

The car was towed and other than knowing it is now about a mile down the road waiting for someone to inspect and estimate the damage, we know nothing. I personally think they may total the car, but I guess time will tell. It is going to really stink having only one vehicle for a while, but hopefully it won't be too bad.

Yesterday, Thanksgiving day, was nice. I'm pretty tired. All went well and we even played Scene It - Disney version. That was a lot of fun. 14 people in my little house - it still amazes me. LOL

And finally today, Black Friday. It has become a tradition the past few years that my mother, MIL, and I all head out to the Black Friday sales. We always start with JoAnn's. LOL Unbelievably, I found nothing that really jumped out at me. No material was sitting there saying "buy me" even with the fact that by combining coupons and sales we could have gottne Christmas fabrics at 90% off. How nutty am I? I did manage to spend a whopping $3.44 total there though. I bought some items for a Christmas card I am making and then bought 5 pieces of Disney Princess scrapbook paper. Cassidy is extremely into the princess stage right now, so I plan on cutting the princesses out of the paper and making them into paper dolls for her.

We went to tons of stores, but the $3.44 is all I spent. I was proud of myself. Of course, I didn't really think I would spend even that much considering that I didn't see any really outstanding deals this year.

While I was gone the boys got up earlier than Silas. Joshua was playing with a table cloth and Jacob got mad about it so he stepped on it. Joshua in turn pulled and Jacob decided to be cute and let go. When he did, Joshua fell into our table and he now has a black eye. Poor baby.

And just think - we're only halfway through the weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no not you too! My hubby was involved in a car crash recently too :(

Hope Silas is ok! :)

Melissa said...

I saw that. I think it was even the same day. Crazy!

Glad your hubby is ok too, other than all the mess that comes from having one!