Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Charity Auction

I haven't really had the opportunity to mention the charity auction that has been set up for onoe of the mamas on the cloth diapering board I post on. When her baby was born, she had to stay in the NICU for 28 days. The lovely insurance company would only cover the highest level of care, which was what she received for only 3 days of the stay before being downgraded. The parents are left with finding a way to cover the huge expense left after that. Many of you know the issues we have had with our own insurance company and their lack of covering services we have needed (Josh's OT is not covered unless he were in Hospice care, ST is only covered if he had a cleft lip or pallette, my gestational diabetes supplies and services were not covered, etc), so this is something that definitely hit close to home. I have always wanted to do something, anything to help with previous charity auctions that have been organized, but have never had a talent I could share over the internet (hard to pass on bell or clarinet playing that way. ;) ) However, now that I am able to sew, I have a 24 month dress I made that I donated for the auction. The auctions go through Friday, the 22nd, so if you are interested in being entered into a drawing for one of many cool prizes, all while helping out a family, be sure to check out the link: http://hyenacart.com/Charity_raffles/ :)

1 comment:

Me said...

hey Melissa. I am the person that googled your user id! i needed the address to your blog so I could put it in my favorites!! just wanted to let you know that it wasnt someone else!