Sunday, May 01, 2005

An emotional weekend

Wow. This weekend has been hard. Friday was the family viewing and visitation and Saturday was the funeral for Meemaw. Her obituary can be found here. She was an amazingly strong woman, and as my uncle told me later, I come from very strong genes. Meemaw will be sorely missed by so many people.

These pictures were taken about 2 weeks ago at the nursing home. Meemaw had asked that we get everyone together for pictures. I had been up until 1am that morning, crying, because the last pictures I had were from October 31st. It broke my heart that we had not gotten anything more recent, so you can imagine how surprised and grateful I was to hear she asked for us to do this. It was a wonderful gift.

This is my grandparents with their four children:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

...and with a few of the grandkids:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

...and with less than half of their great-grandchildren.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: