Saturday, September 02, 2006

The weekly update

Jacob did a great job on his first math test for the year. He totally aced it, which was surprising given the fact that the day before he was acting as if he had no clue what place value was, let alone how to figure it out. We will be starting art classes once a week this week, and he is really excited. A couple of friends and I have decided we will have our own little homeschool group since our kids are all around the same age range. I think it will be loads of fun. We'll do the art class, the letterboxing, possibly some concerts at one of the local universities....there were lots of fun extracurricular stuff that we came up with.

I have been posting layouts at ACOT for the Bella Gypsy team. I really like it over there now that I am starting to learn my way around a bit. I posted an intro and in one of the responses I was given instructions on how to find their homeschooling board. Someone posted a neat little site for testing reading comprehension: Book Adventure. I had Jacob take a couple of the quizes on books we read last year and one we just completed, and he did pretty good. I saved the pages with the scores so we can print them and stick them in his portfolio later.

I have been scrapping as usual when the kids are in bed at night or during their rest time during the day. I got my CT assignments out at Scrappin' Secrets and completed my first set of layouts yesterday. I used ErinShannon Designs' "Grandparent's Day" kit. It was fun to play with. The first layout is my in-laws. Aren't they cute? :) We took the pic in Disney World when the entire family went. My other layout is Silas' grandmother. The photo was taken at Elena's birthday party earlier this month, so it is recent.






I also did one tonight using Wendy Nelson's "Retro Diva" kit. This kit is HUGE and is so fun to play with! I can't wait to do another LO using it. I decided to use it to scrap a photo of Cassidy's painted toes. She is such a girly girl. My mother asks me all of the time how I got her to be as girly as she is. I have no idea. I think she just has an inner diva. LOL


Finally, I have to show you the LOs I made using some of Bella Gypsy's kits. I LOVE their stuff....have I mentioned that before? LOL If you are wanting some great freebies and to get a little taste of what Lena and Tabitha's stuff is like, make sure you visit the Bella Gypsy blog. Those two are full of surprises and have lots of exciting things in the works.

Credits: Bella Gypsy's "Dressed for School Dude" kit.











Credits: Bella Gypsy's "Dirt Magnet" kit. Template by WDS- Tonje...it was actually for the Technique challenge at Scrappin' Secrets.









This is one of my favorites. I've had this picture of Elena and have been waiting to find just the right kit to use. :) Credits: Bella Gypsy's "Dressed for School Diva" kit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

loved the layouts, who was that woman! as usual you are doing a great job with your scrapping. wait till grumpy sees that one.

love, marian (nana)

Amydeanne said...

wow! You are just doing amazing pages! I love them! The toenails one is too cute!

Anonymous said...

awwww melissa hun...those all look fab but especially e's pout...cant belive the kiddos are getting so so BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

glad you are enjoying your scrappin so much...dunno what i would do without MY time hehehehe

WTG with thw schoolings sounds like he is doing very well indeed...you are such an awsome mom...but you knew that anyway.

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))
love niamh